PO’d at the Post Office

Today GG does not stand for Gossip Girl–rather Grumpy Girl.

Is anyone else pissed off at the Fawnskin Post Office?

Since Cynthia’s “retirement” things have been a bit inconvenient.

I still can’t send packages but the big news from the trainee on duty today is that I can buy stamps.

Get this: CASH only.

Gee thanks.

If I would have known about this mess sooner I would have made special arrangements to do all my posting across the lake instead of attempting to support our little Post Office.

No wonder I pay a private mail service to handle most of my mail.

No word as to who may take over the Fawnskin Post Office yet.

Let’s just hope someone does take it over–and that he or she can actually take packages and other duties listed in the job description.

Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comments (13) or Leave A Trackback.

Post Info

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 4th, 2008 and is filed under Business & Commerce, Mountain Lake Resort.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments Feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Previous Post: »
Next Post: »

Related Reading:

13 Responses to “PO’d at the Post Office

• 1
    BadBear
    October 4th, 2008 12:50

G.G., PLEASE be careful what you say.
    Remember, there are Postal Employees–and ones that are Employees that may be Postal.

• 2
    Cricket
    October 5th, 2008 18:21

Not to be MEAN or anything, but you have been really complaining a LOT lately! Chill a bit and try to look on the bright and HAPPY side of things…you’ll be GLAD you did! 🙂

• 3
    GG (Gossip Girl)
    October 6th, 2008 12:26

@BadBear Well, someone has got to say something! I visited Bear City PO today and appreciate our little office but hope it gets back up to speed soon!
    @Cricket I’ve been ill for a while and the noise and other inconveniences grate on me more–especially when it makes life more difficult. If I wanted to live in a loud city I’d move.

• 4
    mike heidmiller
    October 11th, 2008 18:14

i know of a very dedicated postal employee right here in fawnskin who would do a super job here. if a vote will help, i vote for debra for the fawnskin office. mike

• 5
    GG (Gossip Girl)
    October 12th, 2008 14:18

Yes, we all want her to work in Fawnskin and get paid good money!

• 6
    Bob & Heather
    October 21st, 2008 20:40

Hello Fawnskin Flyer, My fiancee Heather and I moved up to Fawnskin from L.A. last Feb. and we love it here ! We also love your website–Very nicely done! However, a major problem has developed with us concerning the post office.I work from home selling vintage 1950’s photos over Ebay. Today we discovered that 5 of our auctions of photos (totaling $2,000 ) that were deposited in the metered mail slot in Fawnskin were never delivered–the drop-off dates were between 9/22 thru 10/9, and our mailings from the BBL office all went through. Mike at the P.O. said that peoples’ Netflix DVD’s are missing. Last month the P.O. was shut down for an audit the Fri. before a holiday, and then Cynthia was gone…what’s going on ? We insure all of our Priority mailings so we can track them/customer satisfaction etc. but this is very concerning! We wonder if any other Fawnskinians have similar stories–we are contacting the Postal Inspector tomorrow because these are felonies—somewhere between the Fawnskin station and the San Bernardino drop-off mail theft is occurring. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, and keep up the good work ! Bob & Heather

• 7
    GG (Gossip Girl)
    October 24th, 2008 12:01

@Bob & Heather: I’ve heard problems from other residents as well and just wrote that you can call 800-ASK-USPS to complain. I actually have been mailing from outside of Fawnskin since Cynthia has been gone which is a big pain. I’ve yet to take a picture of the handwritten notes at the Post Office but the place is a mess and I’ve been staying away. Let me know what you find out from the Postal Inspector.

• 8
    fawnskinjunkie
    October 24th, 2008 12:22

Been there about 20 times since the new guy,Mike started very polite, professional. I know credit machine was down 1st time I went but has been working ever since after that. Talk to him a little bit, been up here in the valley 20+ years has been trying to get a transfer up here and couldnt until about a month ago, he seems excited about it.

Lighten up people, were a community here.

• 9
    Fawnskin Junkie
    October 24th, 2008 17:09

Forgot to add this went there today office was clean, counters clean WHAT POST it notes are you talking about!!

• 10
    Mountain Chick
    October 24th, 2008 18:47

No problems for me. Always nice and courteous to me.

Problems happen thankfully not all the time.

The new trainee is ONE OF us here in Fawnskin, shes new give her a break.

• 11
    Mountain Chick
    October 24th, 2008 21:05

now they deleted my earlier post

this site is pathetic. Be decent at the least and share peoples opinions. !

You cant control the outcome by silencing people thats biased and unfair Now I see why your GG!!!

• 12
    GG (Gossip Girl)
    October 26th, 2008 09:07

@Fawnskin Junkie: You don’t have to spam the comments area. I moderate all comments and then post since it my personal blog that is my option. The handwritten notes not “post it” notes have been posted many times regarding “cash only” and other such things.
    @Mountain Chick: I was talking about the post office in general–guess you don’t read the flyer much. I never deleted any posts except for those spamming and moderate all comments. BTW It is my blog and if you don’t like it go somewhere else–or start your own blog.

• 13
    GG (Gossip Girl)
    October 27th, 2008 14:31

BTW: The clean up was done by his wife and not by our postal guy. I happen to have a lot more info on the situation but I can’t always share.